Need some Help? Here are some Tip's and FAQs
1. Q – When do I replace the batteries?
A – When the Icon in the App turns yellow or the sensor battery in the App shows
2. Q – How do I replace the batteries?
A – Motion Sensors twist-off – do not pull off the wall. When installing, face the pin
location (small hole) to the side.
Door/Cabinet Sensors have a round button on the front do not pull off the door or cabinet – place your thumb on the round button and twist until it comes off. Reverse the process to close.
Install batteries in the Red Emergency Buttons, use a quarter to twist-off the back.
3. Q – Is there any way of wearing a button?
A – NO
4. Q – When changing batteries do I have to remove the Sensor from the App, then
A – If the battery is still working when replacing it annually – just replace the
If the battery is dead, then you must ‘re-add’ the sensor in your App after
replacing the battery, following the “add a Sensor”.
1. Q – What does it mean if the Smart Hub light is not illuminated blue?
A – The Smart Hub is not communicating with the Sensors.
2. Q – What does it mean when the Smart Hub light is blinking?
A – The Smart Hub is communicating with all Sensors.
3. Q – What if the wrong room was assigned to a Sensor – how do I correct it?
A – You can rename the Sensor.
4. Q – How do I rename the room associated with a Sensor?
A – In the App, click on the Sensor – then, click on the ‘X’ next to the current name.
Key in the new sensor name and click OK.
5. Q – Can I add additional devices that are not part of the kit?
A – Yes
6. Q – Where do I order additional sensors or batteries?
A – Sensors can be ordered from CSS – batteries can be found anywhere batteries are sold.
7. Q – Where can I email questions that occur?
A – Website
8. Q – Do I have to use all sensors in the kit for the system to work?
A – NO, the system would work if only 1 Sensor was installed, however, the basic
the kit is designed to provide ‘peace of mind’ and protection/security in the home.
9. Q – Where should the Smart Hub be placed?
A – In a central location in the home. Must be able to communicate with your
10. Q – Where should Motion Sensors be placed?
A – Above the door, facing into the room.
11. Q – Where should Door Sensors or Cabinet Sensors be placed?
A – These Sensors are 2-part Sensors – they have 1 part that is placed on the door and 1 part that is placed on the door jamb. At the top or side of the door.
For Cabinets & Drawers, the Sensors are placed inside with 1 part on the door
or drawer and the other attached to the inside.
12. Q – Where should Red Emergency Buttons be placed?
A –Nightstand next to the bed, next to your favorite chair & in the bathroom.
13. Q – How do I refresh the Application on my phone?
14. Q – Where do I see all the Alerts that are sent to me?
15. Q – What if I answered ‘I don’t want to see Alerts’ when I setup the Application and
now I do?
16. Q – How do multiple caregivers get access?
17. Q – What does a Gray Icon mean? How does it get re-set?
18. Q – Can I unplug the Smart Hub to move its location? Will any information be lost?
A – Yes – No information will be lost.